Connectivity vs. Cost
As companies scale to multiple locations in China, they run into an age-old problem in regards to their wans: Connectivity vs. Cost. Connectivity means utilizing the stability of MPLS circuits, which provide the reliability and scalability many companies need to grow their operations. Benefitting from cost means understanding the difference between the true cost of an MPLS circuit and that of a typical broadband connection, as well as the opportunity cost lost when mission-critical traffic goes across the public internet instead of the MPLS circuit.
Many companies in China are looking to China Telecom Americas to help them deploy a SD-WAN architecture
To gain better performance, control and visibility over their network and data, many companies in China are looking to China Telecom Americas to help them deploy a SD-WAN architecture atop their MPLS cloud. By separating the data plane from the control plane, traffic can be managed as needed to achieve the right outcome. For enterprise-critical traffic, that might be over the MPLS network, while “everyday” traffic runs over the internet. And if something goes wrong and the primary path is not available (as often might be the case in congested public networks, like those found in highly populated regions like China), the SD-WAN can reroute traffic over a different path. Most China Telecom Americas customers find their OPEX savings from deploying hybrid SD-WAN exceeds their CAPEX expenditures through simplified configuration and link provisioning.
That’s not to say MPLS is unimportant. Companies need MPLS for cross-border connectivity, backhaul and getting across the national gateway. The quality of service (QoS) of MPLS circuits is unmatched, and even those who decide to overhaul their networks need to ensure that MPLS is still included in their plans to protect the quality of network traffic.
There’s plenty of interest in deploying a hybrid network with SD-WAN, even after a down year where businesses sat and waited for a rebound during the COVID-19 pandemic. In February, Dell’Oro Group forecast that the worldwide sales of SD-WAN technologies would grow at a CAGR of 24 percent over the next five years. The SD-WAN market is expected to surpass $4 billion by 2025, Dell’Oro says, and software will drive 80 percent of revenue, accelerating during the period between 2021 and 2025.
Benefits of China Telecom Americas’ unique and cost-effective IT infrastructure management and MPLS + SD-WAN hybrid solution
China Telecom Americas’ unique and cost-effective IT infrastructure management and MPLS + SD-WAN hybrid solution resources allow us to provide our customers high quality application performance to improve end-user experience, while helping them build and expand their operations simply and effectively. Multi-tenant isolation, integrated security functions, and traffic control in regional security centers ensure the security of customers’ traffic. A few of the benefits we provide customers include:
- Reduced IT complexity—Reduce WAN complexity with improved maintenance and administration features.
- Flexible, one-stop SD-WAN solution—Includes cloud access, management portal, managed services, underlay service and more.
- Increased agility and reliability—Delivers greater business agility and reliability through application-level visibility, control and an integrated set of security functions.
- Better visibility and automation—Optimizes cloud and on-premises application performance with real-time analytics, visibility, and control.
- Optimized bandwidth utilization and performance—Adapt in real time to bandwidth demands and network conditions.
- Reduced CAPEX and OPEX costs—Simple and flexible price model, plus lowered OPEX with simplified configuration and link provisioning
- Increased branch availability time—Quickly establish an SD-WAN overlay over a MPLS/IP underlay that connects all your branch locations to improve network speed, security, and efficiency.
- Stronger security—Multi-tenant isolation, integrated security functions, traffic control in regional security centers.
- World-class customer support—Full MPLS / Hybrid WAN Integration Support plus 24×7 global post-sale service
We partner with the industry’s best technology vendors to create leading-edge MPLS + SD-WAN hybrid solutions for your business. One of those partnerships is with Cisco-Viptela for Hybrid SD-WAN. Learn more about our solutions and partnership here.