As governments and businesses around the world respond to the issues related to COVID-19, robust network and communication infrastructures have become more critical than ever. We want to take this opportunity to advise you of the steps we have taken in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
CTA’s primary focus is the safety and well-being of our personnel, colleagues, and communities around the world as we continue to deliver uninterrupted service to our customers that are counting on us for their global communication and connectivity, especially in this challenging time.
Resilience, redundancy and rapid recovery have always been the paramount principles for our services. Our normal operation standards already include diverse and distributed network architecture and robust continuity procedures at all our POPs, NOCs, and other critical facilities.
From the outset, we have implemented the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local governments where we have offices to keep our staff and facilities safe and the Company operational.
Our extensive measures include, among other things the following:
- Following WHO, CDC and local health authorities’ guidelines, we instituted rigorous workplace hygiene and distancing policies to minimize the chance of infection within our organization.
- We have suspended all non-essential work travel for our employees.
We encourage the use of virtual meetings and other remote capabilities when available to reduce the need for in-person communications, without disrupting the flow of work.
- We have the technology and processes in place to switch parts, or the whole, of our organization into remote working status at moment’s notice.
- We have trained our staff and stress-tested our emergency response mechanisms.
- We formed a centralized Emergency Response Team consisting of the executive leadership and key personnel from every relevant corporate function.
- Our Business Continuity Plan has been reviewed by third-party to be effective in dealing with health emergencies of pandemic proportion.
- All these measures are designed with the goal of maintaining CTA’s essential functions and services in the event of public health emergencies that might require additional considerations beyond traditional continuity planning.
In this time of uncertainty, we remain vigilant, flexible and innovative to continue to deliver the reliable and effective customer experience you have come to expect from us. If we can help you through this period or answer any specific questions, please let us know by contacting your CTA representative or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Xu (Steven) Tan
China Telecom (Americas) Corporation